Introducing the Dodge Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
Muscle car season is forever and Dodge knows it. The brand continues to celebrate the 50th anniversary of its Dodge Challenger model and this time around, Dodge is offering buyers yet another 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition — and a new exterior color option as well. In addition, Dodge is not limiting its production so that everyone has an opportunity to get in on the celebration. The Commemorative Edition is available on the 2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, R/T Scat Pack, and R/T Scat Pack Widebody trims.
Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
As loved today as it was when the first generation debuted 50 years ago, the Dodge Challenger remains a strong contender in its segment thanks to its unmatched power, design, and everyday livability. The Dodge Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition features the following 50th anniversary perks:
- Satin Black hand-painted hood and black-wrapped roof and decklid
- Instrument panel (IP) badge with “Challenger50” logo
- Model-specific fender badges and “Challenger 50th Anniversary” grille and spoiler badges in “Gold School” finish
- Illuminated Air Catcher headlamps with LED-illuminated “50” logos
- Satin Back “DODGE” taillamp badge
- Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering
- “Gold School” wheels are also featured on the Commemorative Edition:
- 20-inch by 9-inch on Challenger R/T models
- 20-inch by 9.5-inch on Challenger R/T Scat Pack models; optional on R/T models with Performance Plus Group
- 20-inch by 11-inch on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody model
The Commemorative Challenger with Brembo brakes features a Gunmetal brake color that’s available on the R/T trim and standard on the R/T Scat Pack and R/T Scat Pack Widebody trims. The inside of the cabin also features plenty of other commemorative tidbits, including many perks that invoke a sense of nostalgia inside the Challenger’s athletic cockpit. The Commemorative Edition interior features:
- Alcantara door bolsters with sepia accent stitching
- Heated and ventilated Nappa leather and Alcantara suede performance seats with sepia accent stitching and embroidered “50” logo seat backs
- White-faced gauges with yellow accents
- Sepia accent stitch on the IP, door panels and armrest, center console lid, seat faces and the leather, flat-bottom steering wheel
- Real carbon fiber IP and console bezels with a copper weave
- Premium berber floor mats with an embroidered “50” logo
- Startup animation Electronic Vehicle Information Center screen showcasing 1970 Challenger
The 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Dodge Challenger is available in all of Dodge’s high-impact color options, but the Commemorative Edition Dodge Challenger is available only in: Smoke Show (new), White Knuckle, Triple Nickel, Pitch Black, Octane Red, Indigo Blue, and Granite. The Commemorative Edition has a starting MSRP of $4,995 on the Challenger R/T trim, $5,495 on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack trim, and $11,495 on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody trim — price reflects $6,000 Widebody Package. All Commemorative Edition prices listed here also have an additional $1,495 destination fee. The 50th Anniversary Edition Challenger is already available for dealer orders, but this new Commemorative Edition will be available at the end of June (2020). It’s scheduled to arrive in dealerships this fall.
Those who opt for a Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition are entitled to a complimentary full-day session of high-performance driving with professional instruction at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, AZ. Smoke Show, the latest color to join the brand’s lineup, is one of the five new exterior color options for both the Dodge Challenger and Charger models, joining Frostbite, Sinamon Stick, Hellraisin, and limited-edition Gold Rush for the 2020 model year. Dodge initially introduced the new exterior color options as concept colors two years ago at the 13th annual Spring Festival of the LXs at FCA’s Design Color Clinic. Enthusiasts were asked to vote on the concept colors as Dodge eventually picked the most popular ones that made it into production. As if we needed further proof that Dodge is devotedly attuned to the opinions of its enthusiasts.
Ready to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Dodge Challenger yourself? Visit us at Cape Coral Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and check out our latest Dodge Challenger inventory. Whether you’re looking for an entry-level Challenger SXT, or a high-performance Dodge Challenger Hellcat, we’ve got you covered — schedule your test drive today! Follow Cape Coral Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram on social media to stay up to date with the latest Dodge news and offers.